The groans of the dying rise from the city, and the souls of the wounded cry out for help. But God charges no one with wrongdoing.Job 24:12
The song of the city is a groan in unison, with millions asking the question, "When will this end?"
- The oppression by the powerful
- Economic slavery
- Injustice, indifference, and indolence
- The haunting song of the lonely. Surrounded by many, but connected to few.
- The crying song of the slaves. Alcoholics, addicts, and those infected by "affluenza" - the dreaded disease of a life without eternal meaning, only pursing material things.
- The lyric moan of the wounded. Bleeding from words not spoken, apathy, or from the razor of critiquing.
God, You listen to this mournful wail of those who do not know You, yet are crying out to You. How can I hear the song of the city? I feel as if I have earplugs permanently embedded in my head. Lord help me to listen to the song of the city.